Location: Dallas, TX
Our confidential client based in Dallas, TX is seeking a qualified and knowledgeable Director of Maintenance operating under FAR Part 91. The Director of Maintenance is a certified A&P who reports directly to the company’s CFO and is responsible for overseeing all maintenance activities for the client’s Falcon 2000EX EASy. The Director of Maintenance is responsible for ensuring that the aircraft is maintained to the highest standards of safety and airworthiness, while also optimizing aircraft availability and minimizing maintenance downtime. Maintenance Planning experience assures these requirements and is highly desired.
- Ensures the company aircraft is maintained in an airworthy condition and is responsible for the maintenance of aircraft, engines, and components in the manner prescribed by the manufacturers’ maintenance and overhaul manuals, service bulletins, ADs, Engineering Orders, and applicable CFRs.
- Perform quality unscheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, and inspections to conform with the standards established by the company, federal regulation, and industry best practices achieving the highest reliability goals.
- Troubleshoot reported discrepancies and handle complex technical challenges.
- Prepares the annual maintenance budgetary requirements.
- Effective oral and written communicator and attentive proofreader. Able to write memos and emails with proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.
- Manage maintenance costs and work closely with the CFO to develop and implement cost-effective maintenance strategies.
- Works in direct liaison with the CFO in scheduling maintenance of Company’s aircraft, coordinating changes of maintenance schedules with all concerned, and all modifications changes required by flight operations.
- Coordinates with maintenance contracting agencies when maintenance activities are being performed on company aircraft.
- Provides the CFO with the current airworthiness status of the aircraft and the forecast down times to facilitate maintenance scheduling and ensure timely deferral or correction of aircraft discrepancies.
- Ensure that all maintenance records and computerized maintenance tracking system is accurately maintained and up to date.
- Develop new, and maintain existing relationships with vendors, suppliers, and service providers to ensure that the company receives the best possible service and pricing.
- Maintains current maintenance manuals, service bulletins, service letters, airworthiness directives, applicable sections of this manual, and any other required technical data.
- Attend all departures and arrivals of assigned aircraft.
- May perform delegated duties of the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation maintenance or related field (preferred).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance, with at least 5 years of management experience.
- A&P Certificate (required) and FCC License (preferred).
- Familiarity with current avionics systems (required).
- Falcon 2000EX EASy experience required, factory training a plus.
- Ability to respond to off-hour maintenance needs.
- Strong knowledge of FAA regulations and industry standards related to aircraft maintenance.
- Experience with budgeting and cost management.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and best practices.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be legal to work in the U.S. and ability to travel to any international destination.
- Strong decision-making skills, including expert problem-solving skills, problem analysis and discernment under pressure.
- Good planning, organizing, prioritizing, negotiating, and leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with clients at all levels of the organization.
- Must be flexible and able to rapidly deploy resources. May be required to perform on-call duties and will require the candidate to travel without notice, including performing work on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Delivers the highest level of customer service to the company’s executive travelers and guests.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to change and remain mission oriented.
- Be thoroughly familiar with pertinent FAA publications, aircraft and engine manuals and procedures, parts catalogs, and other related publications; and
- Meet the following training and proficiency requirements:
- Company Procedures, including MEL and Ground Servicing Training
- Company Safety Program
- Security Procedures
- Aircraft and Equipment Maintenance Procedures
- RVSM Maintenance-Related Procedures
- Maintenance Resource Management
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb, kneel, squat, and stand for extended periods. Physical ability to perform all required job functions must not be hindered.
- Own and maintain basic set of tools.
- This position will require a pre-employment background check and drug screening.